As much as some people hate routine, if there’s one that I do stick to, it’s my morning set up which involves the preparation of my Easy Breakfast Smoothie. The first time I tried Vega One Nutritional Shake, I was sold on the amazing health benefits, so I decided to experiment with various Vega flavours, liquids, berries, and other fruit, until I discovered the tastiest one for me. Here we have my recipe made with Vega in Chocolate, which is a pretty obvious choice for me, the chocolate addict.
I have to tell you why I am hooked. I saw a real improvement in my energy level with Vega. The nutritional value of this protein powder is incredible. Also, it is completely plant-based, made from natural whole food ingredients. Vega One is packed with:
- 50% daily intake of vitamins and minerals (smile!)
- 15 g protein (!!!)
- 6 g fibre (think healthy gut)
- 1.5 g Omega-3 (one scoop of Vega is equivalent to the Omega-3 found in 6 oz. of wild chum salmon)
- Antioxidants (equivalent to 2.7 cups of blueberries!)
- Probiotics (great for those of us who are not keen on yogurt)
- Greens (equivalent to 3 servings of vegetables)
Easy Breakfast Smoothie
Makes 1 to 2 smoothies
- 1 scoop of Vega powder in Chocolate
- 1 cup of almond milk (I use Almond Breeze, you can use any non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1 cup of strawberries
- 1/2 of a banana
- Take each of the ingredients listed above, pour them into your blender, and pulse your smoothie for a few seconds until it is the consistency you are looking for. If you want it a little smoother, add a splash of almond milk.
- Pour into your favourite tumbler, grab, and go!