Who loves summer salads? We’re having a different one practically every night over at my place. This salad especially screams summer, with juicy corn on the cob grown locally and picked up at our farmer’s market to the refreshing lemony, cilantro and other fresh ingredients. This salad has a nice punch of spice thanks to the jalapeño, and I actually used three, but I really enjoy (extra) spicy food, so I suggested you use two in the recipe.
Grilled Corn Salad With Black Beans + Cilantro Recipe
Makes 4-6 servings
- 6 ears of corn, shucked and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, washed and diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeds removed, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place corn on grill and allow it to grill on all sides, about 10 minutes in total. When you see charred barbeque marks, it’s good to go.
- Allow corn to cool enough to handle and in the meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine bell pepper, black beans, and jalapeño.
- Slice the corn kernels off of the cob, and add them to the bowl.
- Top with lemon and lime juices and olive oil. Add salt and pepper, mix, and taste. Adjust flavouring with either more salt and pepper or more lime/lemon juice, or if you’re like me, an extra jalapeño pepper.